Saturday, November 12, 2011

Baby Reflections

Hi All!!

Tonight I had a thought I wanted to share. It's the word "simplicity". It is amazing how I can be so focused on what the next item is on the agenda and tonight I got a moment to just enjoy simplicity. As I watched Caroline and her cousin Owen dancing in the family room, I looked to my right and there was my best friend. We were laughing so hard, we both had tears streaming down our cheeks. For all of the joy I have had up to this point, it's incredible to me that a three year old and 1 year old can make me laugh til I cry. Then there was my husband  laughing nearly as hard. I love these moments because they very much make me stop, wake up and appreciate all that I have. My little girl is growing up so fast, and I really feel it slipping away.

We left our friends house, both of us cheerful. By the time we got home, Caroline had fallen asleep. My thoughts went right back to "now I will have to carry her upstairs....put her in her jammies and brush her teeth. All without waking her". We pulled in, and my husband jumped right out of the car and took care of it all. I have to say I really tend to underestimate him! After getting Caroline down, he came downstairs and said what I was feeling. We need to simplify. So the next week I will be working on how to make it simple. Going to work/being the mom and wife-all of it. Being simple.No hand kneaded bread for dinner - outfits will be set out the night before. Make things simple.

 I challenge you to take a moment each night this week and listen to the quiet. Or maybe just listen to what your spouse or child has to say. I don't mean a quick moment - really HEAR what they are saying.

It is so crazy how we forget that simple is so wonderful.

Have a (simply) great night!

Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment